Vehr Communications is getting very excited about our upcoming role in the 2012 World Choir Games, which will be held here in Cincinnati. Unfamiliar with the World Choir Games and the local economic impact it will bring with it? Here’s a brief overview:
- The World Choir Games, known as the Olympics of choral music, is the largest choral competition in the world. It takes place every two years.
- This year, the 7th World Choir Games will occur July 4-14th, 2012 in Cincinnati, Ohio. This will be the first time the event is held in North America. Cincinnati was selected over 20 cities to host the Games.
- This will be the largest and most significant international arts event ever in the history of the city and is expected to generate $73.5 million in economic impact.
- To date, there are 352 choirs and judges coming from 61 countries (and 22 U.S. states). 4,600 volunteers have registered.
- Competition venues are in a walkable grid downtown. Check out the event schedule and get your tickets!